Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Shopping

I went shopping the other day, and walked through a variety of departments just looking around. It never ceases to amaze me how early Christmas merchandising begins. I could hear various ornaments playing bits of Christmas carols as I moseyed through the store. While I hold the early Christmas business in total disdain, I couldn't help but let my mind wander just a little about what I would get the kids this year, if finances permit. THEN, I entered the electronics department. I felt as though I'd been punched in the stomach. It was a feeling not totally unlike the feeling I had "that" day my daughter called giving me the news about Nathan.

Nathan loved everything electronic, big or small, but particularly computers. As Nathan grew up, it became a little more challenging to shop for him. Toys for him became more costly. It was a little frustrating to find something he'd actually like, that was in my budget. Now there won't be any challenges about my buddy's gift. I wish he was here for me to be challenged about. I've always disliked all the hub-bub of Christmas shopping and the crowds, however, this year will be particularly difficult and sad, very sad. I miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment